The marquis who brought me here seemed to adore me for some reason.


The marquis who brought me here seemed to adore me for some reason.




Author: Nagisa Izumi


Alternative Name : わたしを無理やり連れて来た侯爵様はなぜかわたしを溺愛する


Plot : I'm in a big house that for some reason appears like a castle. When a man and I occurred to cross paths when I was in town for work, he immediately drove me here. The Marquis refers to me as his wife even Though he never seen me before for some strange reason. He unexpectedly proposed to me even though I refused to be his wife . It's like something out of a fairy tale, where a wealthy prince or aristocracy falls in love with a girl after admiring her beauty, asks her to marry him. I must have envied the circumstance, but when it actually occurs to me, I'm terrified!

Read Now

Read Ancient times Novels on T-novelodyssey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The marquis who brought me here seemed to adore me for some reason.


"Ah, Amelia, I've found You at last."

I'm in a big house that for some reason appears like a castle.
I met a man by chance when I arrived in town for work, and he brought me here.
The Marquis refers to me as his wife as if he hasn't seen me before for some strange reason.
(I ponder the state of his skull)
He unexpectedly asked me to marry him, despite the fact that I flatly denied it to him in front of everyone.
There have been a lot of "why" questions lately.
The best-looking marquis is this wacky one.
It's like something out of a fairy tale, where a wealthy prince or aristocracy falls in love with a girl after admiring her beauty, asks her to marry him.
It must have been a wonderful circumstance, yet...
If it actually occurs to me, I'll be terrified. Is there something behind it?

***
The door to the room was rapped on. "Can I enter?", asks a voice.
"please"
Would you like some tea, please?
Saying "thank you"
Liz, the maid, who was about my age, walked into the room. She resembles my personal maid, in a way. She also claims that she has served as my personal maid ever since I arrived.

(I don't know what that implies; I still believe the Marquis is insane.)

"If you give me some tea leaves and some hot water, I'll do it myself."
"I work as the young lady's personal maid, so it won't happen."
"What exactly does it mean to be an exclusive maid, then? I'm not really understanding what you're saying, so tell me."
Liz, the elite maid, appeared to be concerned by my statements as well.

"That's true. I can relate to how you feel since, like you, I was unexpectedly assigned the task of running this area and instructed to cater to visitors. What's more, five years have gone since then, but no one has shown up."
Liz seemed distant.
I kind of feel bad.

Saying "I'm sorry."

"No. I'm overjoyed that someone has finally shown up so I can look after you.

Being a personal maid without a master is incredibly difficult, she mused while grinning, but I caught her sly remark.
I regret everything.
(No, I didn't actually do anything.)

"I'm very sorry."
'Don't apologize, please. You are in perfect health, young woman, and all I can do is express gratitude."
"Really?"
"Sure, that. The salary is good because I am the personal maid in charge of the room.  The mood in the estate has recently improved thanks to you my Lady. ."
Since she was chosen to serve as the exclusive maid, Liz continued to make tea as we talked.
"please"
Liz, why don't you join me?"
Tea is poured into only one of the two prepared glasses.
"I'm sorry, but I won't do that," she said.

"But the cup," you say.

I regret thinking she would come with me for tea.
That's all, then. Now is the right time.
There was a tap on Liz's door as she began to act a little disoriented.
"He has arrived, as anticipated."
"Why do you mean?"
I asked, and the door to the chamber started to open a little.
"Amelia. Would you like to join me for some tea?"
The fabled marquis emerges from the door's opening.
(That's the trouble, Liz—you're too gifted, isn't it?)
I was depressed, but perhaps it was the correct thing to do since I needed to make a point.

"Marquis-sama. You don't need to wait for a response to open the door.

"It will be a problem, I can't tell if you're changing or not. Be at ease, Amelia."

(What? It's frightening, but...)

"There is no issue, Marquis-sama."

I wonder what it would be like to open it without permission even when I'm not changing clothes. I also agree with Liz in my heart. The Marquis-sama's remark surprises Liz.

"How do you know?" I asked.

I was forced to ask because I would get into trouble if someone were to sneak a glance at me.
"Love has the power, of course."
The Marquis smiled as he spoke.
I simply feel horrible (Eh...)
Of course, Liz looks tense, and I can't help but look tense.
I'm joking, of course. Because of you, I can tell.

(No, that's terrifying too; to be more precise, what I'm saying hasn't really changed...)

"As an added bonus, let's drink some tea together... Ah, you seem to be prepared. Amelia, I'm glad. You have waited for me.

"wrong"

The Marquis sat next to me as if he didn't hear anything, and I couldn't help but quickly deny it.

(Are you ignoring me? Isn't that bothersome? Besides, I have to listen to you today, so let's try not to worry about it.)
In order to avoid being overtaken by the Marquis-sama's pace, we started the talk.

(I have to explain today because if you keep mumbling, something weird will start again.)

"Um, I'd like to ask you something."

"Say anything to me. Clothes? Jewelry? Is something missing here? Or is the room's decor unappealing to you? You can tell me anything, but I've set it up with Amelia's favorites."

(What was it about you that I liked? It was my first time meeting you, but I should have been afraid!)

"I just want to get home, "I say.

"where?"
The Marquis appears to be confused and has an odd expression on his face.

"Isn't this your home?"

(I'm unsure if this person is ill or not.)
"That isn't the case. I'm only here for work, after all. If I can't work, I've got problems. Everyone is undoubtedly anxious.
I assured you there would be no issues, right?"
"There's a serious issue. It's making our business partners uncomfortable.
I am the business partner, thus.

"Ehh?"

"I've already given you the story; in fact, you'll be doing business with the company I own."

"Okay, you can review the docs later."

"That isn't the problem. It matters what kind of talk you had and how trusting your relationship is. Even for transactions in the future.

"I've considered all of your requests, so no worries. Nothing to be concerned about.
There is no issue, the Marquis responds with a smile."

(There's a serious issue!)

"I must resume my course. I'll get laid off.

"Isn't it your duty to be my wife?"

(Is there such a position?)
Liz, who was sitting next to me, had a concerned expression on her face and appeared speechless.

"I don't work in that industry. I don't even recall approving the union."

"Why? despite the fact that we were wed."

Despite my warnings, it will be challenging to apprehend him because the Marquis is the one in charge of this territory. (Yes, he is dangerous.

"Are you certain that you can't recall?"

"I don't believe anything similar has ever happened before. In the first place, this is my first encounter with the Marquis-sama and my first visit to this town."

"You remember when I told you to call me Gil instead of Marquis?"
In addition to calling me by his name, the Marquis-sama in front of me also insists on calling me by his nickname.
I've had tough clients and business partners because of my job, but this person is by far the most troublesome one.
If you don't let me go back right now, I'll have to run away (well, let's flee).

"Gilbert-sama"

"Gil"

"Gil-sama, um,? I must complete other tasks. When I've finished with my business in this city, I have to return home."

'You're not required to work, are you?"

"No. One shouldn't eat if one is not working. First of all, You are forcing me to receive care."

''You can do whatever you want if you're here, of course. I don't mind if you come up with anything fresh because I also run a few businesses."

(I don't get it...)

It is impossible to repay a favor with an enemy, and the family I was born into is a fallen former nobility of our country; after the downfall, we relied on our mother's relatives to travel to a neighboring country and work at a trading company.
(I'll return; I can't do it any longer.)
I let the remainder of the conversation go and concluded it by deciding to leave.
If you believe that this is all, think again. He will begin to display his adoration.
I smiled back and the Marquis was in a good mood.
I decided not to worry about the minor pain in my chest.

(I'll undoubtedly flee!)

***
I requested Liz to get some rest early as well because it was late at night and there was no indication of anyone inside this estate.
In the room, I left a letter.
(I can't afford to make a scene since he'll be furious with me for leaving.)
I cautiously fling open the door to my room to see what's happening outside.
(Okay, no one is here; I need to leave silently so they won't see me.)
I was dragged here by force in no time, so I was nearly empty-handed, so I changed into the clothing I wore when I came to this town, and silently snuck out of the room.
(With the money I have, I hope I can find a place to stay.)
I cautiously exit the building so as not to run into anyone or draw attention.
I almost got lost in the huge home, but I made it out.

Okay, I was able to escape.
It's late at night, so it's probably because the air is clear, yet it feels lovely outside.  
Being able to go outside by myself made me feel free.
Direct your direction outside the building.
It's a long way from the gate, so how do I leave the property?
It's quite a way, and I was angry when they got me there since I didn't really grasp it since it was a horse and buggy.

(Ah, did you say that you made the garden arrangements for me? That's needless.)
For now, if I just aim for the wall and stroll along it, I should be able to get out in some way, I thought as I desperately sprinted in the direction of the fence, passing by the beautiful garden.

"Huh... huh..."

(I'm at a loss for words.)
I felt a little self-assured in my athletic prowess, but the lukewarm water and huge grounds drained me.

"How large is this estate?"
Then I heard a rustling sound that I couldn't help but grumble about.
(Did someone locate me, or is the Marquis the target of an assassin?)
I've heard that the Marquis, who is reputed to be highly wealthy and active in a variety of industries, is the target of numerous assassination attempts.
(I have to hide because I can't bear it when people get killed, even if it has nothing to do with me.)
I skulk behind the vegetation.
Approaching footsteps can be heard.
(Was trying to flee the mansion the beginning of the end of my life?)
The sound is getting more closer.
(This is certainly approaching me; it's over...)

"Amelia. Do you wish to go for a nighttime stroll?"

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

"I'm terribly sorry. I apologize if I startled you. I assumed you could talk to me because you appeared to be taking a break."

(I wasn't taking a break; instead, I was making every effort to disappear!)

"You ought to have just called me if you wanted to go for a nighttime stroll."

'Why here?"

"A bodyguard will always be on your side. I'll be able to locate you. But at night, it's dark and scary, so I want you to call out to me. Although the grounds are secure, if you trip over something, problems will ensue.

(What's that... Must I be watched constantly?)

"No, I was attempting to leave this mansion."

(I'm really worn out!)

"Why? Has something unfavorable happened?"

(And that's it!)

"I want to return home.'"

"Are you not fond of this mansion? Do we need to rebuild it? Should we hire new housekeepers? You can reassemble it in a different location if you don't like the current one, okay?"

"That isn't the issue!"

"Then..."

"Please, let me go home right away."
My eyes started to tear up before I even realized it.
(I have to cry for someone like this; it's frustrating.)

"A-Amelia... Anyway, let's return to the room because it's getting cold in here. I'll brew some hot tea for you."

"It's okay. Please don't awaken Liz in that manner.

"understood"

I truly didn't like the Marquis, but I didn't have the strength to fight any longer, so he lifted me up like a princess and put a stole over my face.
Liz had some hot tea ready for me when I got back to the room.

"I warned you not to awaken Liz."

'"I just woke up, so don't worry, the Marquis asked me to make tea when he saw that the young lady had left, and I warned her that it would be chilly.''

"I followed him into the stall."

The kindness of the Marquis and the residents of this mansion is beyond question. But I want to be free, and it's heavy. Even though I can't live like a noble, I don't have any issues. When I was eight years old, my family became bankrupt, therefore I don't particularly regret that time in my life.
In truth, I like my existing life because it allowed me to live, love, and work freely. I haven't ever been in love, though.

The Marquis didn't show up around me for a few days after that; perhaps he was uncomfortable.
(Though the days are quiet, I still wonder when I shall be let go.)
I was feeling lethargic. I'm not eating, which worries Liz. Liz shouldn't worry, I hope. Still, maintaining health was impossible.

"Hello, Liz. I suppose I have to remain here constantly."

"I'd be happy for the young lady to stay, but she wants to go home," I said.

"I can't stay here for no reason, so I want to go home"

"If You Have a Reason, Is That Okay?""

"Of course, Liz and the others are treating me well, and I'm glad. But, to be honest, this scenario is no different from being abducted and imprisoned, right?"

"Lady……"

"Even if there is a reason, I still don't like being locked up; I don't want to be locked up.'"

''Okay, I'll try to make things better in some way.""

I replied, "Thank you, but don't push yourself too hard; I know it's impossible."

I pathetically responded to Liz.
Liz shouldn't worry about me.
The Marquis came to my chamber the following morning. Liz, did you say anything?

"Amelia, may I enter?"

"This mansion belongs to the Marquis, and I'm just a prisoner here, so I don't have the power to refuse."

I had to answer with a critical remark. I don't have time to think about the fact that he appears to be a little hurt.
(It must be the Marquis, right?)

"Amelia..."

"What is it? If you have anything to add, feel free to do so; I have no say in the matter."

(I can't believe I'm saying it this way.)
The Marquis-sama in front of me must have thought I was acting very impolitely because she wasn't upset. He is somewhat frail.
(Did you feel guilty about locking me up?)

"I'll explain why I didn't anticipate you being this concerned. "
Amelia, that's really bad.

"Are you going to explain the cause to me?"

""I remained silent because I feared you wouldn't believe me and because I hoped you would remember me in the future.""

Even if you claim to recall...

""We got engaged a long time ago, are you sure you don't remember?""

"Engagement?"

"Fiance. The fact that I once had a fiancée is true. But because the family has broken up, that story ought to be disproven."
(Is this the person I was engaged to at the time? Yes, my fiancé at the time was also handsome.)

""Yes, I believe I first met you when you were six years old, when you told me that you liked my face, that you were content, and that you were looking forward to being married.""
(I can't believe I've been laughing so much since then; I'm a fool.)

"If I were the fiancée, that tale would be untrue now that my home had been destroyed, right? However, I consider it to be a tenuous justification for keeping me in this facility."

That's not what I meant when I said, "Confinement."

"I want to ask you what happens next, but I'm not saying anything because this is a great constraint."
The Marquis appears hesitant to explain why, despite having promised to do so.
From here, I'm sure you won't believe it, but we were actually married.

"As I have stated, I have never wed a marquis. I am not wed.

(I have no prior experience with amnesia)

I'm resuming my life from scratch.

"Ehhh?"

(I don't know; perhaps it's finally gone insane.)
" When we first got married, I didn't like you all that much, and you liked me more. In our previous life, your family wasn't destroyed."

(That's disgusting g; he's just making up my recollections.)

"You think I'm making it up, don't you?"

"yes"

"I couldn't believe time had reverted back, so that's why I didn't want to tell you, normal."

(Well, before you believe it, when he places people under home arrest, he's just a terrible person.)

So, to continue the narrative, my marriage to you wasn't terrible.
(Are you going to say anything else, glancing over your shoulder)

"We had a very wonderful life together, but one day, a competitor businessman tried to assassinate me. You died defending me. In the end, but I was also killed shortly after that. I was completely in love with you for all your efforts."

The Marquis' expression darkens as he speaks. He appears extremely sorry. Would he really regret it only because his imaginary wife perished while defending him? I don't know how to respond.
(Does such a thing actually exist? It seems too genuine to be a daydream, doesn't it?)
「…………」

""Then, when I woke up, time had rewound, it was about the time we got engaged, I realized how lucky I was, so I decided to reveal the fraud in order to destroy the business rival who killed us first, and that's when your house became involved and you were devastated.""

(Was the breakdown of the family this person's fault?)

That is an extremely great illusion.
Even though there was no tie, we were thought to be associated with someone who was being investigated for embezzlement. Nevertheless, the house could not hold up until the lost trust was earned back.
Although it was more irresponsible to be suspected, I still can't say that this individual is to blame because a distant relative's family was dispersed for having contributed illegally.
What can be done, after all, this individual was a little older than me, but he was still a child at the moment.

"So, you all departed this nation and vanished. You've been on my search list for a while. I've finally located you. It really is a miracle!"
My feelings are unaffected by the Marquis's excitement.
It's difficult to believe, but I'm not sure whether that story is true.

"There's no need for you to feel guilty over our family's demise. We're enjoying our lives.""

A unsure-looking marquis stood in front of me; if he had dog ears, they would be absolutely droopy.
Is this person really that timid, I wonder?
I experienced emotions that I had never experienced before while I listened to the story.
(I'm unsure of what this feeling is.)
Although I had never seen the Marquis-sama in this manner before, for some reason I thought he seemed familiar.
(It's just in my head; I've only recently gotten to know the Marquis.)

"There is no need for you to marry me again, right? Assuming the Marquis-sama's story is true and you are starting your life over again."

"That could be the case, but... I want our relationship to restart with you. I was powerless to help you in any way.""

"Marquis-sama, despite the fact that we were strangers up until this point, I don't have anything in particular that I want from you. In the first place, we have lived a normal and happy life."

"Huh? I'm wedded to you. You've expressed your happiness at being married to me numerous times each day.

(That's a remarkable claim; I wonder who he is; no, he's the lord in charge of this country.)

Hey, don't you know about this?"
The Marquis explains as he displays his earrings and ring, which appear to have the same stone.
(Though it seems familiar, it isn't...)
I recall that the stone used in both my engagement ring and my fiancé's earrings was the same.
The ring may have been abandoned with the dissolution of the family since I feel like I had a similar ring, but I don't recall it since I was a child.

"I created this as a keepsake of my engagement. They reported finding a rare stone. The stone was originally one piece, but it was cut into three pieces in this manner."

Is that stone rare? Certainly attractive, yet...

"It is reputed to be a stone that grants desires. Most likely, it was real. This is how the clock was wound back."

There's no way that kind of thing could occur.

"This stone wasn't always this way. When I got it the second time, it was a different shade. It was once a white stone that resembled an opal with a rainbow-like brightness.

The Marquis is clutching a red stone in his hand, which if it's an opal, resembles a fire opal.
That stone is distinctive, isn't it?
The same thing applies.
(How are you able to say that?)

"I obtained this stone under the identical conditions as the first time. It had always been this color. It must have used electricity to alter its color."

The tale isn't moving forward, so let's quit griping.

"So why would you, Marquis-sama, have if the ring was something I possessed in the past?"

Naturally, I located it and purchased it back. It ought to have been the owner's property first.

(Oh no, that's repulsive.)
"Although the Marquis, who has lived as a nobleman all of his life, may not understand, I think it was difficult to live with the wind. I don't remember what I said when I was six years old, but it was something I said as a child...And I'm happy even if I'm not a noble.I enjoy my work, too.If I were still a noble, I'd be like this."

That's all, then.

"Marquis-sama, please discover your own happiness. You don't need to feel any obligation. My family's decline isn't necessarily the Marquis-sama's fault. Also healthy and alive are my parents. Now. You agree that I don't think we would make a good match? Please locate a decent person.

I want you to look forward and live without being stuck in the past, I grinned and urged the Marquis.

"No, I Love You."

"That was in the past, right? Additionally, I'm sure that the person I was before I died (during my illusions) and the person I am right now are very different."

"...You're right. Undoubtedly, certain things remain the same. But I want you to express my love one more."

Even though I urged him, the Marquis in front of me was not feeling well, and his voice gradually grew softer.
(I'm experiencing a little disorientation)
What's wrong with the Marquis, by the way? Usually, he exudes more assurance than ever. He now exudes a lot of insecurity.

"This kind of personality has always been a part of me. People often describe me as eerie or cold when I remain silent for some reason. Amelia always gave me moral support when I needed it. Now, you respond if I don't maintain my composure. You realize you won't return it? I'm delighted we finally met as well."
The lord here is a terrible person, I'm sure of it. I didn't worry about it because I didn't believe he would be involved.
I believe that this pushiness is normal, though.

""You don't have to worry about your standing; I'll do anything for you, okay?"

(If you'll do anything for me, I'd like you to go home. I also believe you need to pay more attention to your social standing.)

"If that's the case, could you please let me go home-"

Apart from that!"

I started to say something but was cut off. Right now, the stories are parallel.
I understand what the Marquis said, but I can't simply say nothing and get married to you.
When I speak, the Marquis' expression turns despondent (What is this emotion?)

""Are you certain you can't wed me?"

(Also, I feel like I've felt this way before; is it appropriate to leave this individual alone in such a manner...)
I pondered about the Marquis in front of me while feeling uncomfortable.
He is attempting to carry out my requests and will not do anything to damage me. But he won't let me return home.

I dislike it when he locks me up and doesn't listen to me, but I can't say I hate him. Am I weird? Do I have any weird interests. (Do I hate this person? No. For some reason, I don't hate him.)
If we never cross paths again, I wonder if I won't regret it. I have a sneaking suspicion I'll regret it. In fact, I had a peculiar feeling the moment our eyes had connected.
I contacted the Marquis with my solution after coming up with it.

""Okay, let's try to fall in love."""

"love ?"

"We may get to know each other, fall in love, and if we like each other, get married. Well, I don't mind. There is a problem with my status though. You say you know me, but I don't know anything.""

"Really? Anything you want, I'll do!"

The Marquis' expression suddenly gets happier. He seemed to be quite content.
I wanted to try love because it's just ideal, and it's not nice to reject someone before you know anything about them.

"If We Fall in Love and Getting Married Is Okay."

""I'll try my best then.""

"So please let me first return to my country."

You're originally from this nation, so can you not go ?

"That's a thing of the past. I'm not from this country anymore. And my job is half-hearted. I'll work until I'm happy, and then change jobs."

"So, this nation?"

"I'm not sure when I'll be able to come back."

"My parents are also concerned because there is no justification or means of support here."

""Then, since it appears that you'll be arriving here soon, you can just work for me and stop worrying about finding a new job.""

“I refuse that.”

"????"

"There is no requirement to request a job offer."

"That sort of behavior is."

"No."

"But you know we were previously engaged?"

"Is that relevant?"

"It's connected, isn't it?"

"No, correct?"
When I launch a counterattack, the Marquis recoils.
"One day, I'm going to get married.
The decision has not yet been made, has it?"
That's all, then.
"I liked the Marquis before I died, right? So, don't you think I need to fall in love with you again? I don't like you anymore. But let's start over from the beginning."

"...I appreciate you; I understand."

I grinned and reached out to shake the Marquis' hand.
Although it seems oddly pushy, I don't mind it. I'm unable to leave this vulnerable individual alone for some reason.

"Let's start off by exchanging letters."

"Then, let's see the city together before you head home."
"'Locking me up won't strengthen our friendship, so shouldn't that be your first move?"

I couldn't help but chuckle uncontrollably. The order seems radically different to me.
No, I wasn't making such a big effort to keep you here; instead, I was imprisoning you.

"A person with no hope at all"
When I returned to this nation, I never anticipated having such an incident.
The individual in front of me is unusual; he or she constantly repeating things that I find hard to believe, including that he or she is getting married or that they are beginning over in life.
I have no idea what will occur next. Nevertheless, we ought to have begun advancing in the right direction.
The gap in status worries me, but I can't help but want this individual to try their best when that happens.
He would look for me and make an effort to love me once more even if he had to start all over again.
He'll take action, I'm confident of it.
Of course, I'll do all in my power to be with someone if I love them sufficiently to want to get married.

"Please let me fall in love with Gil-sama if you want to marry me."
Oh, okay, I'll try my best.

The End                                          Read Historical novels On T-novelOdyssey.

Post a Comment

0 Comments