I was offered as a sacrifice to the demon lord after he awoke from a 2,000-year nap, but it seems that he care about me a lot (even though the demon lord is a bit of a moron).

I was offered as a sacrifice to the demon lord after he awoke from a 2,000-year nap, but it seems that he care about me a lot (even though the demon lord is a bit of a moron).



Read Historical Fantasy Novels In English.

Author: Aotobe Ran

Alternative Name: 二千年の眠りから目覚めた魔王の生贄になった私ですが、どうやらかなり懐かれています(ただし魔王はショタジジイ)

Plot : 

In place of her sister Sally, Princess Silsia was to be offered as a sacrifice to the fabled "Demon King of Violence, Atrola." The Demon King, however, assumes the guise of a small boy and develops an odd attachment to Shisia after emerging from a protracted hibernation. With Atrola, Sisia experienced fulfillment for the first time in her life. They went to a festival, but while there, Sally, her sister, and Worth, her ex-fiance whom Sally had taken, arrived in front of them.


Read Now

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°


I was offered as a sacrifice to the demon lord after he awoke from a 2,000-year nap, but it seems that he care about me a lot (even though the demon lord is a bit of a moron).



In the Vecchia Kingdom, legends have been handed down for a very long time.

--The ''Demon King of Violence, Atrola'' will awaken after 2,000 years and obliterate this nation.

sacrifice a pure maiden with the blood of the God King to quell the fury of the Demon King.


"Sister Silsia, I apologize. My kind sister is going to sacrifice simply because I broke the rules with Worth."

I hear my half-sister Sally, who is wearing a cat mask, crying as she says.

"Silsia, I'm really sorry. I'll definitely be happy with Sally. But I'll never forget Sisia!" And the positive farewell from my ex-fiance, Worth.

Additionally, I fear for my life. It's too soon for me because I'm only 17 years old.

(But I must obey the king's order; otherwise, I will be thought a traitor, I will merely be sacrificing someone else, and I will endanger our nation.)

I set out to offer myself as a sacrifice to the world-threatening demon king because I didn't want to hear a voice.

However, far into the woods. A crimson-haired youngster, no older than ten years old, was standing in front of me when I arrived at the temple where the demon lord was rumored to be sealed.


"So, youngster, who are you?...How old are you?"


It has been 2000 years since Vecchia, huh?


"Wait, is he discussing the past of 'Vecchia'? 

The boy was wearing a simple robe reminiscent of the paintings found on old wall paintings and was angry in an oddly antiquated manner.


(What, this kid? Is it possible that this kid...)

A boy with silky skin that periodically peeps out from under his robe, eyes that glitter as if they were filled with stardust, cheeks that look soft, and unearthly beauty.


"Perhaps the Demon King?"

The boy heard my voice and smiled.


"Indeed. I am Atrola, also known as Ato-chan, Demon King."


"No way," I say.


Unbelievably, the cruel demon king who had lain dormant for 2,000 years had suddenly awakened as a young kid.


"There is nothing to be afraid of, I'm telling you, girl. I don't eat human. Observe me. You know I'm adorable, I wouldn't ever devour people, right?"


Ato, also known as Demon King Atrola, then knelt down in front of me, clenched his fists together on his chin, looked up, and uttered the weird sound effect "Kyurun."


"B-but as your offering...''


"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!Did he suggest I wanted a sacrifice? I never say that!"


Ato appeared to know this himself, and he groaned as if he couldn't help it; he seems angry, but as a youngster, he doesn't look impressive at all.


"Huh... Vecchia had to have omitted something. I didn't ask your name, by the way."


"Yes! Silsia ne Vecchia moniker I go by that name.

Since my father rules the Vecchia Divine Kingdom, I am one of the heirs to the throne of this nation.

Hmm. A half-sister my age never showed up shortly after my mother passed away, which surprised me. The reigning monarch is rather disgusting.

The minister was in charge of the everyday business, but my father, the monarch, is still preoccupied with women and has little interest in us.

Sally was also aware of this, and there was never a moment when she didn't look down on me; unlike me, who had drab gray hair and eyes, she was a goddess-like girl with glittering golden hair and eyes.

But even though we are same age, I am a real heir from direct bloodlines, but people like the beautiful and endearing Sally.

Sally was chosen as the Sacrifice since she wasn't a legal heir.

I was sent as a sacrifice in her place because my half-sister didn't want to be offered up and instead had an affair with my fiance.

Worth was a knight who stood out for his sincerity. His engagement to me was influenced by the fact that his father was affluent, but Worth's propensity for passing judgment on matters was likely a significant element. Because she does not want to be sacrificed, he is readily persuaded by Sally's charms, and the two end up dating.

Sally cannot be sacrificed now that she has lost her virginity."


"Hmm. except why did you do nothing except accept it?"


"Huh? There is no other option but for me to replace her."


"I'm not sure I get it. Say no if you don't like it. I'm not sure how young people think.

Ato spoke while cocking his head.

Ato saw my attention and smirked, as if he could see straight through my head. But even if I was told such things by a boy much younger than me, the difference was remarkable, so I guess I couldn't help but stare at it.

Read Supernatural Historical Stories Translated in English.

"What? You shouldn't admire me in that way. I can't dispute that my regeneration has purified my beauty, which has lain dormant for 2000 years."

Evidently, his appearance wasn't the only thing that gave him a younger appearance.

I thought Ato was the Demon King because he flew through the air saying, "I'm so light," the first time I ever witnessed magic. However, Ato rapidly destroyed the trees surrounding the shrine like smoke and constructed a house with just a wave of his hand.


"My magic strength is at its peak. You ought to have gotten lots of rest, then.

I felt a chill as I watched the child hover in the air while staring at his own hands.

I couldn't help but be scared by the enigmatic and overwhelming might of the "Demon King of Violence."

Ato immediately landed in front of me and tugged on my sleeve as I stared in awe at the finished house; when I looked down, I saw glittering eyes looking up at me.

"Sisia, get moving. Eat now. Ever since I woke up, I haven't eaten. I'm famished.


Ato was more of a boy than I had anticipated; he ate well, slept well, and laughed frequently.

In addition, I grew fairly close to him and accompanied him everywhere he went. We share meals and listen to tales from Ato's time. We take a leisurely stroll through the forest where no one is allowed. At night, we share bedtime stories and drift off to sleep.


This life is so exciting, what should I do?

As I hung the washing out to dry, I inhaled the clean air.

There are no pestering maids, no Worth, who always says pointless things, and no Sally, who is usually caustic. Instead, Ato uses magic to make the items we need appear, and he and I can do some housekeeping ourselves.

--I won't be asked about my responsibilities as a sacrificial princess as long as I'm present.

I don't know when Ato will change his mind and declare that he would destroy this country, but is it okay to continue living this life? Despite the fact that he looks like this, Ato is the "devil king of violence."

I can't help but worry that because I didn't do my part, this nation will experience a disaster.


(Perhaps by then he'll eliminate me as well.)


Sisia, hey! Do you not hear me?"


"Hyaaah!?"


I gazed down at Ato, whose cheeks were blowing up, my ears buzzing, but the agony in my chest was drowned out by Ato's loud shouting.


"W-what? Suddenly..."


"I've yelled out to you a lot, for sure! Well, that's all right. I wanted to ask Sisia what was going on after seeing this.

The town I had previously seen was the castle town of Vecchia. As he stated so, Ato's fingers caressed the air. The area that had been caressed briefly lit up, and what was reflected in it was a scene from across the city.

It appears like Ato used his power to project the situation of the town onto this location from a location far away in the forest.

(Anything is conceivable when Ato's magic is used.)

Although I was shocked, when I looked at the projected image, I saw that the city was quite crowded and that, unlike normal, it was attractively decked with flowers and that there were stalls offering food and crafts.


Ah, the National Foundation Festival was today! Although I haven't seen it in a while, nothing appears to have changed.

Ato peers in from next to me, and I was unable to contain my joy at the sentimental sight.


Asking, "Is this the founding festival?"


"Yes. It's a celebration of the day that Vecchia, the nation's founding deity, arrived here.'"


Let's go!"


"eh?!"


"I'll look into this festival for him," I said.


Ato was transferred quickly to a location near the town and quickly made the decision to attend the foundation event because he was unable to stop himself from doing so.


"This is the world in the year 2,000, huh? Vecchia, nobody else is being honored in this manner."


"You will be lost. Don't get too thrilled, please."

The celebration was in full swing and the cityscape cast by Castello Vecchia was livelier than usual.


(I'm confident nobody will notice me because I'm unassuming like Sally.))

In addition, I couldn't help but be more concerned with Ato than with myself right now.

With his height, Ato is concerned that he would get lost in the crowd if I let my guard down. If I lost sight of him, it would be over. Ato is restless as he scans the area.


(Ah, you're right.)

When I was younger and my mother was healthy, I visited her secretly one time, and I recall holding out my right hand to Ato.

"yes"


"yes?"

Ato tilts his head to the side, wondering why I wasn't reacting, and I slanted mine, looking at my palm extended out in front of him.


"Let's keep holding hands so that we don't get separated."


"...I-I see! That is correct!"


Ato leapt for a minute as if surprised and took the hand that reached out hesitantly, but soon becomes obedient and withdrew his hand.

"You shouldn't have had to say so much; you should have done it this way from the start."


"Huh? It is what?"


"I remained silent!"


Even though I was skeptical, the celebration rapidly diverted my attention, and I didn't hear what Ato's voice was murmuring because of the festival's commotion.

I glanced at him hesitantly at first as he was having a lot of fun here and there, stages, children's choruses, and loads of food stalls, but before I knew it, I was laughing with my mouth open.

"It's very enjoyable!"

Ato let out a contented sigh and waved our clasped hands as the sun started to drop over the city.

Ato is holding a wreath that was given to him by a flower shop employee who liked him, and I am holding a bag of food that I purchased but was unable to consume.


"I've never had this much fun since two thousand years ago. ."


That must be Ato's genuine feelings, she murmured. "At least the day I could laugh like this never came," Ato said. "I wonder what kind of life I would have led if I had stayed in the castle like that."

"I too had a great time. For the first time in my life, I was having a blast.

Not just today, but ever since I went to Ato as a sacrifice, my days have been as brilliant as his eyes, I truly believed.


"I just wish that living with Ato could continue forever right now."


it's...haha, I'm really glad to hear it.


Ato's full cheeks appeared red from the sun as he shook his hands even more firmly.

The sound of something breaking across the alley, a lady screaming, and a man frantically fleeing were all audible at that precise time.


"Silsia, hurry up,Let's see what's happening!"


"Hey, hold on a second—!"


As I pursue Ato, my right hand starts to cool down, and I have an unexplainable sense of anxiousness. Suddenly, Ato released the hands that had been holding each other and rushed into a little alley.


"Ato, wait! If you keep walking..."

I jumped out of the alley and was right in front of a pub, surrounded by a mob of people and castle troops, when I saw Ato and went over to him, I heard folks arguing vehemently.


"I can meet whoever I want."


"However, that does not mean you can be alone with a man."


"Huh!? You cannot tell me what i should do!"


There was no way I could have misheard that shriek; my chest constricted at the sound.


"Silsia.."


"Sisia, what's wrong?"

No matter how enraged , his beauty will never be obscured by the shining golden hair and eyes.

Worth must have been guarding the celebration because his knightly attire is obvious and he was on the verge of being beaten.

I was wondering why I was in this situation when I overheard the observers softly discussing their prior encounters.


"It seems like the princess Sally got into the situation where she got caught having an affair with someone."


"Hmm...I guess the knight that partnered with her sister wasn't sufficient. In light of this, I feel bad for the sister who was sacrificed.


She was a little happy that the citizens of the city were viewing me fairly even though I felt embarrassed because I never imagined that the sally would be here.

(But it's not a place to stay for long... I want to leave more than anything, nevertheless.)

"Too, should we leave right away?"


"--Sislia?"


My name is called by a voice that I never expected to hear, and when I awkwardly raised my head like rusted metal, Sally and Worth were staring at me, their eyes wide with horror. However, my dreams were never realized.


"You... you are alive."


"H-hey! You're a ghost, I say. Is it truly real?"

As their eyes turned to me, a space immediately developed about me and Ato, Sally's face contorts with disdain, and Worth seems busy with fright and amazement.


"Huh? I see, that's your half-sister.


"Ato-?!"


It's Ato.Ato doesn't appear to understand that he's the center of attention this time, as he glances at the two with a smile on his face. My stiffening hand is tightly grabbed.

However, when Sally understood that Ato was my traveling partner, her eyes began to change hue.


""What a lovely child.'"


"eh?"

I wondered what Sally was thinking as she gazed dreamily at Ato, her cheeks flushing like a maiden in love, but before I could ask myself that question, Sally began making noise.


"I see. That kid is the son of your lover. He must have a nice face because he has such a lovely child! Despite the fact that he is with Sislia.


"What? Why do you say that? Your fiance is present, however you're still talking about other men."


"With certainty! You sprinted to a man rather than being sacrificed. When you defy the king's orders, are you not a traitor?"


The two of them appeared to have accepted the fact that I was a "rebel who refused to be sacrificed" as a result of our chat, which looked to be unrelated but oddly connected.


"Yes, I came up with a wonderful idea!"


Sally gave a handclap motion.


"I'll let you go and return Worth to you. Let's switch the father of the child in return! That's good, indeed!"


"Ehh?"


I had a lot of questions after Sally made her unexpected remark, but I could see by the intensity in her eyes that she meant it.

There is no way I would agree to something like that (what a foolish head she has!)

I slink behind Ato, gathering my bravery.

"……no"


"Ehh?"


"I'm not at your mercy anymore. The sacrificed version of me is no longer among us."


"Are you going to rebel against me...?"


Sally's face flushed bright crimson and her fury erupted; I assume she didn't expect me to reject her.


"I won't permit that to occur! Worth! Silsia is a traitor; apprehend her right away!"


"And also capture him! !"


Even the confused troops cannot defy the princess' instructions; he was coming to get us. Worth panicked and ordered his soldiers to seize me.


"Ato! Let's go!"


With Ato's power, he should be able to flee swiftly; if we get caught here, we will become a felon who has disobeyed the royal command.


"Ato?!"

However, despite the fact that I tugged Ato's hand, Ato's body made no movement at all.


... It looks nasty.


"--?!"


Ato complained.

Goosebumps spread over my entire body as I heard a deep, angry voice that seemed to reverberate from the depths of the ground, yet it's not the boy's voice I've heard before.


"You guys put yourselves on the back burner and do most of the stuff that makes my Silsia feel bad."

Nothing was occurring, but my human instincts were warning me that something dreadful was happening as I looked at Sally and Worth and all the soldiers were frozen in place with pale faces.


Do you not know about the myth of the "Demon King of Violence"?


"--Uwaaaaaaaaaa!!"


Ato's words were immediately followed by a strong wind gust that carried the warriors off into the distance like leaves on a tree.


"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... devil lord"


The residents of the town scream and flee in horror at this sight.


Oh, you guys, hold on.


"Worth! What's your destination?"


They try to hide among the villagers while pretending to be Worth's men, indicating that he must have felt in danger.


"Don't flee," I said.


"Uh, wow!? This is what?"


As soon as he heard Ato's voice, Worth's body began to float into the air. Despite his best efforts, his legs continue to kick in the air. With his back to Sally, Worth glided through the air before being dropped to the ground with a thud akin to a puppet with its strings severed.


"Gyaa! Please pardon me! Sally is solely to blame! Believe me, Silsia—the only person I truly love is you!"


"What are you discussing!"


At that point Sally looked up at him and a hot exchange of blame started, with Worth, who has gotten content with his butt, now attempting to flatter me.


(I wonder why I was so fixated on individuals like them.)

Everything that had happened up until that point seemed absurd as I observed the harsh arguments.


"Sisia, what are your plans? Do you wish to visit those individuals again?"


Ato caught my attention and his eyes were fixed on mine.


"I……"


Ato wakes up from a 2,000 year sleep without family or friends, and will undoubtedly be alone if I let go of this hand.

(However, I feel the same way...)

Maybe I felt sorry for the boy's drab appearance, but the time I had spent with Ato had already become priceless to me.


"I desire to return home with Ato."


"...Huh. I didn't even have to ask."


Although I can't see Ato's face properly, that voice sounded joyful.

I concur with you. But we can't just let those people go home.

As soon as Ato stated so, fierce jet black flames erupted all around him, making Worth and Sally forget their argument and try their best to avoid being struck by flying sparks.

Despite being close to Ato, I didn't feel any heat; rather, before I knew it, Ato's powerful arms were encircling my torso.


(On your arm, eh?)

Before I knew it, little Ato was no longer seated next to me.

His eyes, which glitter as if they were loaded with stardust, are visible through the space between his red hair, which is being blown by the wind, and his noble profile, long eyelashes, and thin lips.


"A-t...?"

I was being held in the arms of a young man of heavenly beauty while he fixed his gaze on the two of us.

Say "Leave"

When I instinctively close my eyes, the arms holding me became stronger.The moment the young guy opened his mouth, a light so powerful that it was impossible to keep his eyes open engulfed the whole town.

The following instant


"The castle! ""


"The castle is no more,"

I hurriedly peeled open my flickering eyes and glanced in the direction of the castle, but there was nothing there. I searched about to see if I had taken a wrong turn, but I couldn't see the castle anywhere. I heard a voice that sounded like a scream from somewhere.


"What surprises you? Only in response to the moniker "Demon King of Violence" did I act in that manner. Relax, I'll keep those people alive.


"H-hi..."


Sally gaped in shock as she looked upon the area where the castle had once stood as Worth sat back.


Now it's your turn, I suppose.


"...Ato?"


The boy I knew, Ato, was sitting next to me when I heard that voice, and the young man who had been holding me just moments previously suddenly vanished.


"H-help me, please... Yes, that's correct. How about me? You'll probably like me better than Silsia because I'm more attractive."


"Silsia! Please assist me! I was only duped!"


"You are noisy. Just keep quiet."


The two who were making a scene fell to the ground with a thud as Ato placed his hand over them.


"Ah--"


"Hey, all I wanted was for them to sleep."

I rubbed my chest in satisfaction as Ato remarked, the two were sleeping sweetly, and heard an amused laugh.


"Hahaha. The two of them will be OK when they awaken.



The monarch, who had lost his home and possessions, was approached by ministers and employees who had been robbed of their places of employment as the Vecchia Castle abruptly vanished.

The ''Vecchia Castle Vanishing Incident'' later became known as the ''Demon King's Curse.'' As a result of the king's inability to stop the curse, his standing declined and he was compelled to abdicate in favor of a member of his family.


I don't know where the king is or what happened to Sally and Worth, who are still dozing off, so that is all I know.

I went back to the cabin Ato and I share in the woods.


"Hello, Silsia. I'm very hungry."


"You eat a lot of food."


"Oh, I suppose that's all. It's a growth period, that's for sure. Hahahaha!"

The Demon King, a little child who eats well, sleeps well, and smiles frequently, awakens from a 2,000-year slumber and possesses horrifying magical abilities.

A few years later, Ato, who is now a young man, will eventually propose to me, but I am unaware of this and go about my days pleasantly.



The End


(Two closest friends were the God King Vecchia and the Demon King Atrola; out of boredom, they began vying to see who could sleep the longest; nevertheless, Vecchia secretly woke up and was amused by stating, "This guy is seriously sleeping lol," and left behind a peculiar legend.)

If you like our work, please click on some ads to help us growing. With a simple click of yours and surfing we can earn a little bit AD Revenue ❤️.   

Click On AD 



Read Japanese Oneshot Stories on T-novelodyssey.

Post a Comment

0 Comments